cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line CSS/Device CSS

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

I Have studied Line CSS has more precedence than Device CSS, Line CSS is for blocking pattern where as Device CSS can be used for Routing pattern.

For Ex 

Line CSS has blocked partitions 

Partition---- International

Partition--LD 

Device CSS has partition

Local

International 

LD

If  IP phone contain both device and Line CSS , it can not be able to call international and LD as line CSS is blocking those partitions.

Please correct me if I am wrong?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, as per your example, the IP Phone won't be able to dial LD and International Numbers because both Line and Device CSS contains LD and International Partition. The Phone is able to dial Local Numbers only. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Yes, you are correct. Also, remember that the pattern in Line and Device CSS should be exact same for Line Partition to take precedence.

"The digit analysis process looks through every partition in a calling search space for the best match. The order of the partitions that are listed in the calling search space serves only to break ties when equally good matches occur in two different partitions."

So Logic is

1) Best Match
2) If Tie then uses the order of Partition to break the tie.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may find this useful:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab12/collab12/dialplan.html#39529

G

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: