Helpful
Replies

Line Group Call Distribution - Skipping a Member

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: v8.6.2.24901-1

I was wondering when a Directory Number is part of a Line Group, when is that DN considered to be idle or unavailable..?

I've been doing a little testing with a Hunt Pilot-->Hunt List-->Line Group, using the Circular distribution method, and it looks like the only way I am able to get an incoming call to skip a member was to click the HLog softkey and make sure it says: "Logged out of Hunt Group". Otherwise, it rang that DN every time I let the call cycle through all the members...

I was hoping if a phone was set to CFwdAll to Voicemail, then that member would be considered Unavailable, and it would skip that member...

The definition of Circular is: "If you choose this distribution algorithm, Cisco Unified CM distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the (n+1)th member of a route group, where the nth member is the next sequential member in the list who is either idle or busy but not "down."...."

So by this saying the member would need to be "idle" or "available" (*or even "busy" which doesn't seem like a good idea to send a call to a member who's line is busy..?), I was hoping it would considered a DN who's forwarded to voicemail to be "Unavailable" and skip that member... But, it doesn't!

Are there any other situations where a call would skip a member, other then that member being logged-out of the Hunt Group, or the phone being down completely?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All call forward behaviors are ignored when the call is extended via a hunt pilot, setting it to CFA has no effect whatsoever, the phone WILL ring. That's why all you tested, had no affect, because it's expected to be that way.

CFA does not equal unavailable for this config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All call forward behaviors are ignored when the call is extended via a hunt pilot, setting it to CFA has no effect whatsoever, the phone WILL ring. That's why all you tested, had no affect, because it's expected to be that way.

CFA does not equal unavailable for this config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,  thanks for the reply.

Ok, so only using the "HLog" button to log in and out is the only way to make the user "unavailable"..?

Thanks Again,

Matt

Your understanding is correct Matthew.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks for the reply Deepak.

Ok, thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. Considered this thread resolved.

-Matt