Views
Helpful
Replies

Locations based CAC post 9.x CUCM

david.kelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a quick query regarding Locations for CAC in CUCM versions above 9.x.

In previous releases you could simply state that Site A has 240kbps for audio bandwidth to limit the number of G.729 calls to 10. Refer to screenshot attached 'pre-9.x-locations'.

From version 9.x (I'm specifically working with 10.5.1 in this case) Locations has changed significantly. Is it still possible to allow Site A a maximum audio bandwidth of 240kbps to restrict it to 10 concurrent G.729 calls, or do we have to associate adjacent Locations for each site? If so, doesn't that get messy (or impossible) if we have a total of 30 locations and only 240kbps to allocate for Site A's WAN?

If you refer to the 2nd screenshot "post-9.x-locations" you might see what I mean. In the screenshot Site A is configured with 240kbps to Site B and Site C, but that would mean I'm now allowing a total of 20 G.729 calls over Site A's WAN.

What if I just want to allow a TOTAL of 10 G.729 calls for Site A regardless of the destination Location?

If the suggestion is to allocate 120kbps (5 calls) to adjacent Site B and 120kbps to adjacent Site C this is not suitable. I don't want to limit the number of calls from Site A to Site B, or from Site A to Sit C I just want to limit to total number of calls for Site A's WAN. It shouldn't matter if of the 10 concurrent calls 8 are from Site A to Site B and 2 are from Site A to Site C, or vice versa, what matters is that Site A is limited to 10 calls total. Assuming the solution is to nominate a bandwidth per adjacent Location, what happens if I have a total of 240kbps but a total of 30 Locations?

In short: Is there a way to implement a total bandwidth limitation for a single location, rather than nominating bandwidth between adjacent locations? Ie., Is it possible to implement Locations based on pre-9.x CUCM logic within post-9.x CUCM?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This topic is well described in SRND, I suggest you read it. If you prefer old school CAC you can do it by setting up bandwidth between hub_none and desired location.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: