cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locking an IP Phone

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way one can lock an IP Phone to restrict unauthorizesd users? But Calls can still come into th Phone. I know of extension mobility, but with this feature, calls cannot come to the phone when you log out.

10 Replies 10

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

YOu will need third Party apps for that, like:

http://www.andtek.com/communications-products-lockout.html

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It depends on what your desired outcome is. With EM you can configure the phone to receive calls. If the calls they should receive are external (PSTN) callers than you may have an inefficient use of DIDs. Assuming you can live with that, then you can handle calls on the EM logout profile.

You can also use FAC to limit outbound calling capabilities.

Could you provide specifics on what you mean by 'lock an IP phone'?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

You could set up special CSS and Route Patterns for that DN that requires using a FAC. All users of that DN would need to enter the FAC to make calls to those Route Patterns. You can give the FAC to certain users, and not others...

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only thing maybe to look at is the legal binding issues of locked phones. If there is an emergency and someone needs a phone, the phones are locked, then what?

Good point, but it depends on the definition of 'locked' from the original poster. You can provide 911 services and lock down outbound dialing to all other locations easily. The question of return calls from the PSAP come in question. Without CER the admin will need to use real DIDs for call back. With CER you can use "bogus" or non-routable DNs(e.g. 7035551000). But that may get a little ahead of the actual problem which is not 100% clear (at least to me).

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

hi bell,

I always wonder to lock my ip phone, i found some of your suggestions in others web, but my quation is how to lock the phone when I'm locking out, knowing that when I disconnected my profile follows is not on the same phone, so I'd like to have a trick that I shall reiceive my calls even if I'm log in in other phone

Regards

Souha

Your requirement can be fulfilled by the below application

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/1921

jsouhair17
Level 1
Level 1

for me I don't know how to lock just an Extension Mobility,

so can you help me plzzz???

Regards

Paulo Ferreira
Level 1
Level 1

I think Extension Mobility work fine to your case. You just have to put the DN of the Phone in the field Forward Unregistered Internal/External on the Device Profile so when you are logout the call delivery the call to the DN of your device.

It sounds like you are trying to allow only incoming calls and not allow any outgoing calls.  Such as a phone in a reception area or common area.

If this is the case and you are running CUCM.

You will need to assign the Line assigned to the phone to a Calling Search Space that only allows calls to the destinations that you choose.  For example, you could create a new Partition on CUCM called RESTRICTED.  Then create a translation pattern such as X, being very CAREFUL to assign it to the RESTRICTED Partition, and check the box that says "Block this pattern".  Then create a CSS called RESTRICTED and add the RESTRICTED partion to the selected partitions of this CSS.  Then configure the "line of the phone" in question and assign it to the RESTIRCTED CSS.  This would in effect block any call attempts from this phone.  Remember there is a CSS on both the Line and the phone.  The line will, in most cases, override the phone setting, so be sure to apply it to the line.

I have made some assumptions about what you are dealing with, if this not your situation, please update the post with what you are using for Call Control and we can go from there.

Thomas Dillingham

Cisco TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: