Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Log files in SX/EX/C codecs

Have been looking for some explaination of what events and inforamtion is contained in each one of the log files.  looking to do some troubleshooting and I would like to try and look at the right file and not have to sequentially look at each file.

Is there a list?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Enrico Conedera
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a list of the log files and descriptions:

Audio 0-8:  One log per AUDIO DSP, if they are empty it is a good sign.

Application.log: Debug and application info. Here you will find H.323 messages, call setup etc.

Main.log: Process monitoring, typical you should look here if the system boots.

All.log:  includes all logs. Nice for looking at something chronologically

Scriptbuffer.xml: Is used for video. Includes xml info about communication between video controller and video subsystem.

Statedump.xml: Pretty much the same as scriptbuffer.xml.

Video0-9: Is logs for the video ARM processors, typically transcoding and mixing of video signals.

Videocontroller.log: Is for the video controller. Typically tells the system which resolution to encode and decode. 30 and 60 etc.

Videogw0-9: Is the DSP logs. The DSPs will do encoding and decoding of video.

VPE0-9: Video Processor Engine. The video inputs which also is connected to the FPGAs. Typically problems with the video inputs and FGPA.

Enrico,

This is good information. 

Specifically, I have a C20 running TC6.2.1 that seems to be loosing pairing with its touch panel and I am wondering which log to look at and if there is a specific string to be looking for.

Thanks