cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Long Silence on Outbound

Oliver Dilan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi im having a issue on my VG224. When im making a outbound call i get dialtone no issue i dialout then there is about a 15 second gap of silence before i hear ringing or ringback on the line then everything else works fine 2 way audio no issue and all inbound traffic no issue. so basiclly from dial to when phone starts ringing is about 15 seconds i how can i fix this for shorter time so after im done dialing phone starts ringing.

3 Replies 3

Gilmar Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could you describe the call flow?

Something like: Analog Phone / VG224 --SCCP-->CUCM--SIP--> Voice Gateway --ISDN--> PSTN)

Regards,

Gilmar Silva

There is no pbx no cucm 224 is acting like a standalone SIP gateway . So it’s SIP provider—->Vg224——->66 block———>Analog phones. Everything is working normal inbound outbound the only thing is the delay I believe it has to do with my outbound Dial peer Because I have it set to destination-pattern.T . In the Destiination pattern if I put my cell number it rings within five seconds the problem is they dial out to multiple different numbers more than 70

You may use the following debugs to get informations about the signaling:

- debug vpm signal (some IOS has only debug vpm all)
- debug ccsip messages
- debug voice ccapi inout

With this information it is possible to check what exactly moment the delay is happening.