cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lose MOH when adding Media Resource Group?

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Running a demo version of CUCM 8.6 and that may be my problem. I can get MOH to work successfully between two phones but the second I add the MOH server to a Media Resource Group MOH quits working. I added the Media Resource Group to a Media Resource Group List and then in turn applied that list to the two phones in the hope MOH would work again but no dice. Suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is a strange behaviour. Whats happening is that CUCM can find the device in the default list when its not assigned to any MRG, but cant find it in the MRG.

I suggest you restart the CUCM service, IPVMS service. If it still doesnt work, then you need to collect cucm traces and send here..we can look at it for you

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

So what seemed to fix it was to not enable multi-cast audio source on the MOH server itself. Once I unchecked that it started working.

shshami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jamin,

You either need to disable the multicast on the MOH server or to check 'Use Multi-cast for MOH Audio' in the Route Group

Thank you,

Shadi

First make sure the Held device is using the MRGL, second if you do not have multicast enabled on your network disable it from within the MRG.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: