cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing call when placed on hold

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , I have a strange issue with a particular number/numbers, the calls get dropped when placed on hold.

I have looked at the traces for a good call ( from my mobile for example ) and a bad call ( from the UK landline) and have noticed that there are difference but I can't explain why.

On the good call I see the re-invite go out (from CUCM to CUBE) with a=inactive , everything  normal all works fine.

On the bad call I see a re-invite go out ( from CUCM to CUBE) , but with no SDP ????  i.e no a=inactive etc etc.

This seems to only happen from one particular customer , but given that I am originating the SIP re-invite why would that make any difference????

By the way MTP is not being used.

Anyone seem anything similar? I'm running CUCM 10.5(2)SU2 with 8851 phones testing with 10.3.2  and 12.0.1 firmware and CUBE , all pretty standard stuff.

3 Replies 3

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you post the “debug ccsip message” of the failed call?

Thanks,

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mark,

The flow for call hold/transfer with CUCM is this

1. CUCM sends re-invite with inactive SDP to indicate a break in media path.

2. CUCM sends a DO to insert MOH or to resume media stream

NB: CUCM expects a send-recv offer with SDP in responde to the DO. If CUCM gets an inactive offer SDP in the 200 OK, the media path remains inactive state and the call drops

So when you say you do not see the re-invite with inactive SDP then something has gone amiss. We need to look at the logs to see why. CUCM must indicate a break in media path using a=inactive

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the reply , I was kind of hoping this might be a "known" issue , I will do some more investigation and comeback to you with traces.