cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Extension in Unity

daleshew517
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create a mailbox user in my Unity database and I'm getting the "user with extension already exists in the Partition" error.  I have searched users with the Primary and Alternate Extensions option checked.  I have searched the Call Handlers, Directory Handlers, and Interview Handlers as well but I'm not finding anything.  As far as I know, that only leaves  Message Waiting Indicators.  Does anyone know of a way to search or dump those or is there another area I might have missed?  I am running version 11.5.1.10000-6.

Thanks for any help offered.

Dale

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dale,

Please follow these steps to find the lost extension:

-- Search user

-- change  the “Limit search to” box to “partition”

-- Change the radio button to “Display Primary and Alternate Extensions in Selected Partition”

-- Change search criteria to “Find users where Extension contains <the alternate extension you’re looking for>”

-- Click “Find”

The result is the user id where your alternate extension is presently (mis)configured.

HTH.

David

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

davidn#
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dale,

Please follow these steps to find the lost extension:

-- Search user

-- change  the “Limit search to” box to “partition”

-- Change the radio button to “Display Primary and Alternate Extensions in Selected Partition”

-- Change search criteria to “Find users where Extension contains <the alternate extension you’re looking for>”

-- Click “Find”

The result is the user id where your alternate extension is presently (mis)configured.

HTH.

David