cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making setting default for all user in CUPS

AmbryTodd
Level 1
Level 1

When our phone system was originally setup the vendor never added voicemail into the CUPC software. I have since migrated us over to jabber and finally had some time to setup the voicemail settings. I have tested it on myself and a few other users and it works.

I am curious how do i set the voicemail profile system wide for all users and keep it to default to that for all new users?

I know I can go to application -> cisco unified personal communicator -> user settings     then select a user and choose voicemail profile and select it.

That will take a long time for all 250 users as well as something i will have to set on all new memebers. I know we had this problem before when the CTI gateway profile wasent generating for new users and somehow we got it to set for all users as well as be the default setting for any new users added.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest method would be to choose Application > Cisco Jabber > Voicemail Profile from the menu and then click Add Users to Profile. Use whatever search constraints you want and then click Add Selected.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The easiest method would be to choose Application > Cisco Jabber > Voicemail Profile from the menu and then click Add Users to Profile. Use whatever search constraints you want and then click Add Selected.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

The problem with this it does not stay as a default setting for all new users.

True but the "Make this the default Voicemail Profile for the system." checkbox on the same page does. Any user that gets added to the database *after* that box is checked will be assigned the profile.

Sorry I dont see how i missed that checkbox, thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: