Views
Helpful
Replies

Mapping Called Number on CUCM, Outbound Calls to PSTN

Joe Ank
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

My Customer installed CUCM v12.5 (Publisher/Subscriber) and Two Voice Gateway ISR 4331,

the Employees of this Cusctomer, each one has own Cellphone

the dial plan of these cellephone's numbers : 0661XXXXXX

the Customer wants that if Someone wants to call one of these Cellphone using IP Phone, instead of composing the full number,

he just composes 4 digits for ex :

8080 ----> 0661555555

8081 ----> 0661777777

they wants that CUCM mapping the Called Number like this

Any suggestions for this Feature ?

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Configure the translation pattern on CUCM.

If route pattern already configure on your cm for outbound call for numbers 0661XXXXXX then you can configure translation pattern for these numbers.

If this answered your question, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION"<<<=
=>>>If you find this response useful, please mark it as "HELPFUL

Here is your example configuration.I kept it in none partition, if you need to restrict some users you can put the translation in some partition. 

Since my RP is in Internal Partition, Translation Should have proper CSS which can access RP partition. 

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 6.44.21 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-04-26 at 6.43.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 6.44.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 6.46.46 PM.png

Response Signature

Although a technical viable solution it would not be a very practical solution from a managerial standpoint. For one it is a 1 to 1 setup and the users need to know who each short number goes to. This can become quite ugly fast.

Apart from this if the OP would go this way he or she should likely not set "Provide Outside Dial Tone" on the translations patterns as that would for sure mess up when outside dial tone would really be needed to be played.

Response Signature

You can also think of Speed dial. I have    a client who configured  speed dial for around 50+ mobile number which they created from users  self care portal. 

Response Signature

My hope would be that the OP comes back with an answer on my question and that the answer is that the numbers given are either part of the directory numbers or the entire directory number for a user.

That being the case my recommendation would be to configure Mobile Connect, aka Single Number Reach functionality to extend the call out to the mobile in parallel when ever someone calls to the users directory number. This way there is no need to create any extra configuration and it's part of the overall configuration that each users would have anyway.

Response Signature

Is 8080 and 8081 directory numbers, or part of, in the system? Or are they a decoupled range of numbers selected to be used solely for calling mobile numbers with a short number? 

Response Signature