cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum ring setting before busy tone ?!.

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys..

Im a little bit embarrassed asking this as it should be a straight forward parameter change but I cant find the setting anywhere !.

I have noticed that the time duration for when an unanswered call give busy ( for extensions with no voicemail ) is stuck on 2mins and I cant no longer find the Service Parameter to increase it !!..

I have adjusted some T3xx timers settings in the Clusterwide parameters found under the Call Manager  service but have yet to find the right one..

Strangely I cant find any value matching the 2mins setting ( e.g. 120 secs or 120000 ms .. )..

Can anyone help please.. as my google searches for this setting have been unsucessful ..

CUCM 7.1.5 ( recently upgraded from 7.13, so wondering whether this caused our setting to change )

Using SCCP.

Many thanks in advance.

Jon.

4 Replies 4

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can change it using System wide  under call manager service parameter "Forward No Answer Timer", or per device on the directory number via the Ring No Answer duration setting.

Thanks for the reply, however your parameter recommendation only applies if there is a call forward or voicemail set up on the device/extension..

We have this particular setting configured how we want it.. ( ie. .after 15sec, it will move onto the next availaible configured device / voicemail ).

The problem we are having are with phones which do not have any forwards or voicemail enabled.. and will just ring out until the phone is answered.. We would like these to ring longer than 2mins..

As I said it should be a simple clusterwide parameter change.. I just cant find it..

Regards

Jon.

k.dimitrovski
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should try adjusting the T301 Timer (maximum call alerting time).

Hi, thanks for the reply....

The T301 timer setting was actually the first thing I looked at.. however it has not made any difference and is actually set to the maximum value of 900000ms already..

So it has not made any difference, even when I lowered it.... calls are still getting busy tone after 2mins. ( when no forwards/voicemail is set )

Is there anywhere else I need to check ?... I cant seem to find any other timer value which seems to equate to the 120 secs ..

Regards

Jon.