cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Termination Point Feature over virtual router (CSR1000v)

jhasen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

According to Cisco Feature NAvigator tool, seems the MTP feature (included in the Feature category named "DSP Media Services: Transcoding, Conferencing, MTP, TRP") is available only for XE versions running on hardware platforms ISR 4400, 4300 series.

Could anyone confirm this? Does anybody know if there is any plan to include this feature in CSR1000v virtual platform?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It is not supported as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-virtual-cube.html

For road map queries you may engage your Cisco account team or contact TAC.

Manish

Thanks for link Manish,

Seems definitively the DSP related features are not supported including the Hardware based DSP, i still have the doubt with the IOS Software based DSP that is the feature i was looking for.

Could anyone confirm the IOS software based DSP is supported on Virtual CUBE over CSR1000v.

Thanks in advance.

It does allow the IOS MTP profile to be configured, i checked in my lab setup. The official support however is not mentioned explicitly on any doc, maybe you can check with TAC for an official word if no one else confirms the same on this post.

Manish