Views
Helpful
Replies

Mediasense Review -Case studies

jawedparkar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

We are in upgrade phase & we would like to know the review on cisco mediasense. currently we are using Zoom Callrec for recording.

The current zoom licenses are covered for recording & live monitoring. Is it worth to go ahead with media sense or to continue with Zoom Callrec.

Cost is one the major factor due to which we are considering media sense over zoom.

Please provide me with your valuable suggestions.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can compare the features and design considerations offered by Zoom with Mediasense by checking the features and deployment models of Mediasense from the following links

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/mediasense/datasheet-c78-734645.html?cachemode=refresh

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/11/Design_Guide/CUMS_BK_MC36D963_00_mediasense-srnd_11/CUMS_BK_MC36D963_00_mediasense-srnd_10-5_chapter_010.html

Check if there are any features that you are currently using which are not available with Mediasense and also any features that you currently don't have on Zoom which you see in Mediasense, besides looking into the cost part.

manish

Hi,

Mediasense does provide the recording and gui based to view the recording,however there is no reporting for this and third party API need to be integrated to provide the full reporting system.

Regards,

Raaj

durraze khan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jawed,

In my opinion, it depends on the deployment type i-e the number of extensions that are configured in Zoom CallREC and either if Zoom CallREC is working in HA deployment. Zoom has a Scorecard as well which is quite comprehensive now. Zoom Deployment can be varied according to the design.

On top of MediaSense there needs to be the QM, the deployment of Cisco MediaSense is far more easier than that of Zoom CallREC, for IVR based recording CUBE can be used for MediaSense. As in the post I can see that you are not using ScreenREC for CallREC, which makes MediaSense and CallREC even steven as you are not using ScreenREC. MediaSense can be deployed in 5 servers Max (Primary, secondary and the expansion nodes).

Hope it helps !!

Best Regards,

Durraze Khan

UCCE Support Engineer