cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Gateways and domain names

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1
Several of my customers use MGCP gateways. Our network team now is insisting that they apply domain names to these gateways and because they are just data goofs and have no idea at all about voice they just did a bulk change to about 500 routers that are also MGCP gateways. Of course now all of these gateways have unregistered and I have stopped answering my phone. My question is, stupid as it may be...is there a way for me to somehow tell the call manager to ignore the domain part of the hostname or do I now have to reconfigure every gateway in every call manager? This is yet another reason why I hate MGCP.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to update all GWs references to include the new domain. Sorry :-(

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately if the hostname of the gateways have changed then the name used in CM for the MGCP gateways will have to reflect that.  Even in the newest versions of CM I do not believe there is anyway to ignore portions of a hostname when the domain name is a part of it.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to update all GWs references to include the new domain. Sorry :-(

Chris

Chris and Tony,

I do appreciate your quick response.  Unfortunately I knew that would be the case but I was hoping one of you out there would have a smoke and mirrors miracle for me.

thanks again.