cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM v8.6 hosted by MCS to CUCM v11.5 hosted by UCS (VM)

Greetings everyone, 

what is the best method to move from CUCM v8.6 which is hosted on MSC to CUCM v11.5 which is hosted on vmware ESXI USC.

I tried using Recovery and Restore and got an error while restoring it to v11.5.

Tried export and import by bulk Administration and got errors even when validating the files, for instant, I tried to export Gateways from V8 and import them to V11.5 and before that I got error validating the file and when I import it anyways, the job showed successfully but nothing happens.

any advise on the best way to do this migration, I have lots of data specially the numbers of phones and it won't be easy to do the configurations from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) Migration Task. PCD is free.

Hi Chris, 

I installed PCD and discovered both CUCM's however, when I try to assign the destination cluster node I only see version 8.6 and I dont see v11 hence I can assign it. one thing I noticed here via CLI  (PCD):

admin:show version activ

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 12.0.1.10000-7

Active Version Installed Software Options:

No Installed Software Options Found.

doe that mean PCD is v12 and I need version 12 to move to or PCD ver 11 ?

You need to define Migration cluster, check out the guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251_chapter_011.html#CUCM_TK_C1B5F0FE_00

PCD 12 is compatible with CUCM 11.5, check out table 1 in that document for compatible versions for each PCD task type. For example "Migrate Cluster (Install Application and Import Data from Old System)".

Hi chris, 

So I went through the procedure again and agin here is my steps:

I uploaded the bootable ISO to the PCD to the fresh_install directory and created a VM on ESXI with OVA

1-Discovered cluster (CUCM V8.6 hosted via MCS) the one that has all the configuration and user data ..etc.

2- Add ESXi host where CUCM V12.0 hosted via (point 2).

3- Define migration cluster and chose the source CUCM V8.6 from the drop down list

4- Give it a nickname "cucmnew" click on next.

5- I can see one node there which is the v8.6 as source 

6-I click on Assign destination cluster nodes I get the attached error!!! Name must be less than 64 characters....

not sure where is my mistake ?? it seems PCD cant fitch the VMS from the ESXI, please advice and thanks for your support in advance.

BTW, PCD is installed on the same ESXI where the OVA of v12 is installed

Regards,