Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice access - call not connecting

ajayviswanath
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am configuring MVA and having an issue where i am able to reach the IVR, enter the pin, get authenticated and when i dial the number i want to connect, the call just disconnects. This is a lab setup where i am trying to call an internal extn which is not assigened to any partition from my mobile CIPC.

In the voice ccapi debugs i see a cause value of 16 which is normal disconnect.

Looking for help...!!

Thanks,

Aj

10 Replies 10

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AJ,

Since the target extension is in the partition this is most likely not a dial plan issue. I say most likely because I don't know what else you have configured. I'd be inclined to look at the dial-peer configuration on the gateway running the VXML service. If you are doing the one-arm, tandem route thing (because your ingress GW is MGCP, for example) then the dial-peer should be a voip dial-peer. If your config is such that the gateway handling the ingress PSTN call is a H323 gateway then the dial-peer loading the VXML service should be a pots dial-peer.

I have seen people use a voip dial-peer in the latter scenario. So, check that. If you are using a voip dial-peer because you have to then I would check the voice codec assigned to the dial-peer.

What application / IOS versions are we talking about here?  Have you debugged the application (on the IOS device)?

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Please reply with more info.

1.Why are you using "CIPC" for calling into CUCM, PSTN will also work fine.

2.Have you tried calling MVA number from CUCM's internal IP Phone, this should also work.

3. Kindly give the details on what phones are configured on CUCM and from where you are calling,

I can tell you a scenario in which it did not worked for me:

Had only one PSTN line, called to MVA number in CUCM , then CUCM was not able to divert call out to PSTN.

reason- It needed two PSTN lines.

Explain your scenario more please.

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

William/Aman,

Thanks for your reply

Here are the dial peer configs. I am running on IOS ver  12.4(22)T5 and cucm 7.0(1)

Call comes in from my PSTN lab rtr which has the CIPC registered to it.

call comes in through E1 0/0/0, 10.120.10.11 is my cucm and 8050 is the MVA number configured. Cucm is recognising my mobile number and just asking for the pin.

dial-peer voice 8050 voip

service mobile

destination-pattern 8050

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:10.120.10.11

dial-peer voice 20 pots

service mobile

incoming called-number 8050

port 0/0/0:15

no service password-encryption

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

dsp services dspfarm

service mobile http://10.120.10.11:8080/ccmivr/pages/IVRMainpage.vxml

service mobile

service mobile

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

Thanks,

AJ

Aj - Just remove the service mobile under VOIP dial-peer and try. Your pots dial-peer looks good.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I agree with Kasirman.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi kasi,

I will check it today and will update.

Thanks

Kasi..Tried it still no luck...the same thing.

amansin74
Level 1
Level 1

Add more codecs in Voice class codecs, keep G711 as preference 1 and G729 and others as lower preferences.

Check if this helps.

- Aman

“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.”

Hi All,

I din't add the MVA number in the cucm(media resources->mobile voice access). After adding calls started working.

Thanks for the help.

AJ

Yes Aj, it is the mandatory task and it is easy to miss.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App