Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify called ID in CUCM version 12.5

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Dears,
In version 12.5 of the call manager, all users' caller IDs needed to be modified.

The number of users is about 1750, and many of them have multiple devices with the same extension.

The phone details have been exported(Bulk Administration - Phones - Export Phones - All Details). On the next step, I got stuck after converting the text file to excel and modifying the caller IDs.

How should the modified phone details be uploaded to the CUCM?

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you uploaded the file did you use either of these upload options?

image.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

What is it that you are trying to achieve? Are you changing the directory number for these lines or is it something altogether different this that your trying to achieve? Can you please out line it as clearly as you can?

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Thanks for your response.

We want modify Line Display (Internal caller ID) for all users and assign user ID to respective user phone. Keep the remining configuration as it is like DP pool, Route partition, CSS etc.

Could you please share a screenshot of the exact fields that you want to modify? That would take the guess work out of the picture.

Response Signature

I have attached the screen shot of required field for modification.

01. Owner ID - The owner ID not yet assigned. I want to assign user ID for all phones

02. Caller ID - As per our management instruction I want to change for all

All of these fields are available in the CSV files that are in the export. You just need to fill them in, likely easily done with Excel and some links/formulas. Then save the file again and put it into a TAR file that you upload into CM as an import file. Once it’s uploaded to CM you can validate the import file and if it clears out you can create an import task to process the files in the TAR file.

Word of advise is to create a small file with a subset of all devices and directory numbers and run that through the import process until you clear out any possible errors. It’s very common for there to be errors in import files, even if their based on an export. For some reason it is very rare that you can import a export file straight off, even if you haven’t done any changes to it. It’s one of life’s big mysteries.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

As you said, I have upload the modified csv file and run validate. After validation its gave near about 300 errors. I am modifying it. I will update after the correction then let you know the result.

It’s suggested to first use a file with maybe 5 entries to validate the format and content instead of using one that contains all entries.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

I have validated the .csv file and fixed the errors. I try to import to CUCM but the file is not showing. Do I need to change the file format?

Please describe the steps.

You need to match the type of file when you upload it to CM with the type of task that you intend to use the file with. What type of task is it that you are trying to run?

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

The task is updating phone all details.

Ex,

ASCII display name

Caller ID

Assign owner ID

When you uploaded the file did you use either of these upload options?

image.png

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

I have modified the user details for all user thru bulk administration.

Thanks for your kind support.