cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify outgoing From: & Contact: fields in SIP INVITE on CUBE

RAustin70
Level 1
Level 1

New to SBCs, learning by trial and error.  I am in the process of moving off ISR4431 TDM and on 8300 SBCs

We are looking pretty good, test calls are going through and coming in but our provider (DISA) engineer says for calls going to 1 sort of network have to show 312587XXXX in the from/contact fields, and +1315330XXXX for all Commercial calls.  Right now we are sending 330XXXX as you can see in this example:

Sent:
INVITE sip:312736XXXX@uc.mil:5061 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 137.243.254.45:5061;branch=z9hG4bK16779E
From: "ROBERT AUSTIN" <sip:330XXXX@uc.mil:5061>;tag=334B9B0C-1E0D
To: <sip:312736XXXX@uc.mil>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:41:10 GMT
-- SNIPPED --
Contact: <sip:330XXXX@(sbc ip):5061;transport=tls;CCA-ID=ULSCMROM01>
Expires: 180
Allow-Events: telephone-event
Max-Forwards: 68
P-Asserted-Identity: "ROBERT AUSTIN" <sip:330XXXX@uc.mil:5061>
Route:<sip:hesbc1@(esc ip);lr>

Any tips or tricks from folks smarter than I would be appreciated.

Rob

5 Replies 5

Modifying fields like From and Contact are pretty easy using a SIP Profile. Here are a couple of links for information on this:

Cisco Unified Border Element Configuration Guide - Cisco IOS XE 17.6 Onwards - Chapter: SIP Profiles 

Use SIP Profiles on CUBE Enterprise Common Use Cases 

How and where to apply a SIP Profile will depend a bit on what DISA means by "1 type of network". Hopefully they can help you identify exactly which traffic needs the modification.

Give this stuff a read. Let us know if you have questions.

Maren

P.S. Edit: It occurs to me, too, that depending on the situation you might even be able to get away with a Translation Profile, and that would be easier. But I think a SIP Profile will be more appropriate in your situation.

Yeah, I was thinking that exact thing at lunch, using a translation or Xform instead, We are connecting to Commercial (local, LD, INtnl) and the Defense Switched Network (DSN).  since we use predot to identify which is which, I can probably play with digit manipulation within CUCM before it hits the SBCs

edit and I also was peeking at this before I took a break, seems pretty neat

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-border-element/118825-technote-sip-00.html

You may find that a simple Translation Profile may not alter the Contact information. If that ends up being the case, you will need to go with a SIP Profile. Read both of the docs I posted (you found one already). Let us know if we can help.

Maren

Guess all I needed was a covered sausage Sammich to get my brain working again.  This is what I just did:

Went into the route pattern - 94.31X[2-9]XXXX that designates the call is DSN

Under Calling party transformations I put in a transform mask of 312587XXXX and saved it.

Made a test call, and sure enough ccsip messages debug shows

From: "ROBERT AUSTIN" <sip:312587XXXX@(CUCM SUB IP)>;tag=2355032~13fdd07f-88c0-4566-8a72-ae0b8e7c883e-48971039

Contact: <sip:312587XXXX@(CUCM SUB IP):5061;transport=tls>;video;audio;+u.sip!devicename.ccm.cisco.com="SEP481BAFFFFFFF"

Thank you for your help with this.  I am still going to play with the SIP-Profiles, I have very basic knowledge on that, enough to get calls going but you never know when you will need to dig in deep

Rob