Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH doesnt work

jack samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am trying to configure the MOH for HO internal users and it give me 3 beeps only, the audio file is perfect as it is tested with another cucm, also the Cisco default sampleaudio source works perfect within the HO,the codec used within HO is G.711 and G.722

From Branch A to HO it doesn't works, from HO to Branch A it works the codec used between the region is G729 ,  i want to know the Network ports and  Network services to be enable for MOH, and where things are missing from my configuration.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you hear beeps then there is config issue.

Couple of thing:

Did you upload the MOH source file to all CUCM servers?

Since you are using G729 did you enable G729 for MOH as that is not on by default, you need to change a service parameter under the Media Streaming parameters (forget the exact name).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you hear beeps then there is config issue.

Couple of thing:

Did you upload the MOH source file to all CUCM servers?

Since you are using G729 did you enable G729 for MOH as that is not on by default, you need to change a service parameter under the Media Streaming parameters (forget the exact name).

Dear Chris,

thanks for your reply,

yes i have uploaded the file in all the servers,

The codec used by the phones in HO when they call each other the codec is G722 and in the HO region (intraregion) the codec's configured is G722 and G711 and the default for MOH in service parameters is G.711 mulaw so if i am not wrong the HO region includes G711  then why it doesn't  work.

It is strange that inter region the codec used is G729 so from HO to Branch the MOH works though i have not selected G729 in MOH service parameters

Thanks

If G729 is working while you didn't enable it in the service parameters, then you are using unicast Moh and a transcoder is deployed by CUCM between MoH server and the phone.

Try to disable advertise G722 service parameter in CUCM. This will make all the phones using G711 and then test.

Dear Mohammed,

yes that's a good idea i will disable advertise G722 enterprise  parameter in CUCM to use all phones G.711 and i will test.

thanks

Imran Ul Haq
Level 1
Level 1

Have you restarted the IP media streaming app service?

Further, can you please do a quick test of the simplest scenario, and then post the logs collected from RTMT for that call?

Can you inform of the calling and called numbers and time of the call?

Can you inform of the version of cucm that you are running also?

Have you selected the MOH source on the phones/UDPs as the Network/User Moh audio source (or for the common device config)?

Dear Imran,

currently can't collect logs will collect tomorrow and upload them

the call manager version is 9.1

Have you selected the MOH source on the phones/UDPs as the Network/User Moh audio source (or for the common device config)?

yes i have done the setting on the phones ,,,  Inter region MOH is working but within the site ( intra region) MOH is not working