cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring calls in Finesse

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a new CCX Resource in a Team as a secondary supervisor. She can't monitor calls in the Team. When she selects the Monitor feature, she gets a recording that the call cannot be completed as dialed. I'm the secondary supervisor to several Teams as I run daily reports. In my Finesse, the Monitor option is grayed out, so I couldn't try it myself. In CCX Tools – User management – User View I have the Resource set as a supervisor. I saw various other setting options, but didn't see any for monitoring unless I missed it. I looked at another supervisor that appeared to have the same settings.

I'm not concerned about my Monitor function not being available at the moment - but I wonder what could be causing this new supervisor to not be able to and receive a recording?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

• Check the CUCM configuration of silent monitoring for both the agent and supervisor phones. This includes enabling built-in bridging and assigning a monitoring calling search space to the supervisor phone.
  • Give the supervisor user the proper monitoring privileges. This includes enabling monitoring on the supervisor phone and assigning the supervisor user to the appropriate monitoring role.

For more information about silent monitoring, please see the following link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_01001.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

• Check the CUCM configuration of silent monitoring for both the agent and supervisor phones. This includes enabling built-in bridging and assigning a monitoring calling search space to the supervisor phone.
  • Give the supervisor user the proper monitoring privileges. This includes enabling monitoring on the supervisor phone and assigning the supervisor user to the appropriate monitoring role.

For more information about silent monitoring, please see the following link:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_01001.html

SteveK066
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for for the information and links. I will check the configuration in the office tomorrow. I do recall seeing a calling search space for monitoring is required after I set it up, but didn't assign one particularly for that yet.

The missing monitoring search space was the reason. I added it to mine and the customer's lines and we're now able to monitor.

Thanks again.