cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move database over to SAN?

jafetters
Level 1
Level 1

We have a datacenter move and CUCM upgrade going on at the same time.  I will have a Pub and Sub at the new datacenter, a Sub at our Disaster Recovery site, and a Sub at our HQ.  My servers will all be delivered before the move.  I am wanting to get the new servers built and upgraded before the move, but the SAN will not be moving to the new datacenter until my go live date.  Can I install CUCM on local storage, then move the DB over to SAN once the move takes place?                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can I install CUCM on local storage, then move the DB over to SAN once the move takes place?

No. The entire virtual machine exists on either DAS or SAN; you cannot separate the database from the rest of the installation. When the SAN moves to the new location and you attach it to the new VMware ESXi hosts you should be able to power the entire virtual machine back up. If the IP address will change as part of this move you can readdress the server after it is powered up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can I install CUCM on local storage, then move the DB over to SAN once the move takes place?

No. The entire virtual machine exists on either DAS or SAN; you cannot separate the database from the rest of the installation. When the SAN moves to the new location and you attach it to the new VMware ESXi hosts you should be able to power the entire virtual machine back up. If the IP address will change as part of this move you can readdress the server after it is powered up.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: