Views
Helpful
Replies

9971 does not register - trust list update failed

Dennis Beul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

registration of some 9971 phones in a fresh  CUCM 8.0 environment fails constantly. The phones ran without problems  in another CUCM 8.0 before and have the "old" config still active  (because they never registered to the new cluster). The log of the  phones shows the following:

21:08:06 Updating Trust List

21:08:17 Trust List update failed

21:08:27 TFTP-Error : ram/SEPD0574CF62596.cnf.xml

The phones get a dhcp lease and the xml config file is  also available on the TFTP server; hosts can reach each other. It seems  that they are stuck at the TFTP step of the boot process. I searched for  this error and found some hints towards possible authentication  problems (CTL List), but there was nothing special configured in the  cluster before (unsecure profile, i.e.). Aside from this, I am not yet  very familiar with phone security/authentication.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards,

Dennis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try a factory reset of th phone

Push in # on plugin then 123456789*0#

Pierre.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please try a factory reset of th phone

Push in # on plugin then 123456789*0#

Pierre.

Hi Pierre,

That worked for us, phones registering after the reset. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Dennis

if the phone is not updating the trust list then you have to erase it manually beacuse some time even after factory default reset it doesnt work.

Reseting the IP Phone CTL manually#

press settings ==> then **# to unlock the settings => then go to security configuration => Trust list => select the CTL file and press erase

The phone will reset and wait for downloading the new CTl files from the tftp server.

Reference Link #

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975G_7971g-ge_7970g_7965g_7945g/8_0/english/administration/guide/7970oip.html

Thank you very much,

you offer the best way.

My 9971 still has the same error and it's not a 7791, it's CP-9971

and also the hard reset process described above does not apply to this device, I have another CP-6945, the hard reset process works fine for CP-6945..But not for CP-9971, and wherever I googled for CP-9971 problems, I find solutions for 7791, is this model not an original cisco phone?

ashokvoip
Level 1
Level 1

Please Follow the steps ,

Step 1 - Press the settings button --------> Which is appeared in the left hand side

Step 2 - Select the Administrator Setting Soft Key

Step 3 - Scroll Down to Reset Setting - Select the Reset Settings Soft Key

Step 4 - Scroll Down to Security Settings - Select the Security Settings Soft Key

Step 5 - Then it will display the Reset Security Settings Image to Reset the security settings

Step 6 - Reset the soft Key.........

Enjoy.....................................

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: