Views
Helpful
Replies

Move the Cube License from VG A to VG B

Hary_CsC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have 10 Cube smart license on VG A, I plan to move 10 Cube license to VG B. is it possible to move license cube in CSSM ?

c

Thank You

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Smart license are not installed on your router. Its available on your smart account. License available on smart account can be transferred between virtual accounts. 

Create a virtual account for site B and transfer from default or site A VA to new VA B. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

With Smart Licensing the licenses are hardware agnostic, meaning that they are not tied to any specific router. From a specific version, 17.2 I believe, the SIP session licenses are pooled in the SSM VA and will be used dynamically by the SBCs. In earlier versions SIP sessions are statically configured in each router by the command mode border-element license capacity <sessions>.
For details please read this document, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-cisco-smart-licensing.html.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Smart license are not installed on your router. Its available on your smart account. License available on smart account can be transferred between virtual accounts. 

Create a virtual account for site B and transfer from default or site A VA to new VA B. 

Response Signature

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal 

Have a nice day.

When purchasing a cube smart license does it mean that it is not based on the serial number?

It means that even if the serial number is different, it can be transferred in CSSM, right?

Thank You

With Smart Licensing the licenses are hardware agnostic, meaning that they are not tied to any specific router. From a specific version, 17.2 I believe, the SIP session licenses are pooled in the SSM VA and will be used dynamically by the SBCs. In earlier versions SIP sessions are statically configured in each router by the command mode border-element license capacity <sessions>.
For details please read this document, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-cisco-smart-licensing.html.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, licenses  are not associated with serial.And licenses are pooled.Means it consume the license based on the usage.

If you want to separate  site A and Site B licenses, on CSSM create different virtual account and transfer the license.

No harm, if you keep in the same VA.

Response Signature