cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-cluster CUCM/CUC upgrades

brian.k.clarke
Level 5
Level 5

We have a global customer with clusters in North and South American, Europe and Asia connected via inter-cluster trunks, and all running CUCM/CUC 8.5.  I'm looking for any documentation dealing with upgrading multi-cluster environments - compatibility concerns between them, any caveats/items to look out for, etc.  The Install/Upgrade guides only deal with single clusters, at least that I've found.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because there are no guides for multi-cluster, you follow the same steps, if you already have everything running between them, it's just a matter of doing the upgrades one at a time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There are no documentation for multicluster because there is no special requirements for them as Jamie has right mentioned. I have done multi cluster upgrade in the past and the key is to organize your resources to do the upgrade in different locations. Your considerations should be..

1. How do you want to do the upgrade: simultaneously/phased etc If its simultaneous then you will need to plan timing etc considering you will be working in different time zones

2. What are the depencies that needs to be upgraded first...UCCX?

3. You might save a lot of time installing the phone firmware on your destination version (8.6 or 9.0) on your existing cluster and then aloow your phones to upgrade their firmware through the night...This will save you a lot of time during your upgrade...

4. Finally have a solid test plan in place

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts