Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Music on Hold over CUCM 7 SIP TRUNK

adamhinett
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if Multicast MoH is supported over a SIP Trunk from CUCM 7.1 --> 2911 gateway (Cube IOS 15.0) --> ISP SIP proxy.

At the moment we can get unicast MoH via the SIP Trunk.

If we set the SIP Trunk to look at a Multicast MoH source we just get tone on hold.

(Note we have multicast MoH working to other h323 and mgcp gateways on our network)

I have run a ‘debug ccm music-on-hold’ and can’t see the gateway try to join the multicast stream?

Looking around forums I see some people say it’s supported and some say not.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Cheers

8 Replies 8

ryabenne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam,

At this time SIP MMOH is not supported on CUCM 7.1.3 and I can't find any docs saying that its supported on 8.X either. I think I remember hearing that it was going to be supported on CUCM 8.5, but just can't find it at this time.

Ryan

I have it working on 8.0(2) and 8.5(1) clusters. Do you have the "ccm-manager music-on-hold bind Loopback0" command on the router? You still need this with SIP trunks to support it.

Hi Jonathan,

Are you talking in the context of of the Gateway playing MMoH locally from flash or recieving the stream from CUCM ?

If its from CUCM what version of IOS are you running on your router.

Cheers

Adam

From CUCM.

15.1(2)T and 15.1(4)M for CUCM 8.0(2) and 8.5(1) respectively.

I am almost positive that I have a 7.1(3) customer running 12.4(24)T where this works with SIP dial-peers; however, I don't have remote access to that environment so I can't speak definitively.

You may want to run a 'debug ccsip messages' and see if CUCM sends a multicast address in the SDP when going on hold. The SDP portion of the re-INVITE should look something like this. Notice the multicast address.

Content-Type: application/sdp

Content-Length: 167

v=0

o=CiscoSystemsCCM-SIP 2000 4 IN IP4 10.101.12.3

s=SIP Call

c=IN IP4 239.101.12.5

t=0 0

m=audio 16384 RTP/AVP 0

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=ptime:20

a=recvonly

Also don't forget to see the router actually running multicast routing!

Hi Jonathan,

I don't see CUCM send the multicast address, is there something I've missed in CUCM config ?

v=0

o=CiscoSystemsSIP-GW-UserAgent 5724 9261 IN IP4 192.168.248.6

s=SIP Call

c=IN IP4 192.168.248.6

t=0 0

m=audio 16948 RTP/AVP 8 101

c=IN IP4 192.168.248.6

a=sendrecv

a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000

a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

a=fmtp:101 0-16

a=ptime:20 v=0

Cheers

Adam

Well as long as the SIP Trunk has a multicast-enable MOH resource assigned to it I would think that you're good to go.

The only other thought I have at 10PM is to ensure you are not calling a Remote Destination number when doing this testing. At least in 8.0 I am seeing that CUCM always chooses unicast MOH if the off-net number is matched in the remote destination table. I haven't decided if this is a bug or some obscure [read: dumb] WAD behavior.

Hi Jonathan,

Yep our SIP Trunk is only for off net.

Your help is appreciate.

Cheers

Adam

Logged this with TAC and the answer:

Multicast MOH is currently not supported in CUBE. Cube will convert the multicast stream into unicast.

The support for M-MOH on CUBE will be available in PI16 release IOS (15.2PIA16 release). The project name is Carbon.