cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My customer does not want to use a leading digit for outbound calling

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1

So my customer is calling 911 too often and they want to change their leading digit to something other than 9, no big deal there but they asked me the other day do they really need a leading digit.  Am I correct in assuming that if none of their extensions start with 1 or 9 (for 911) I can just have them call the number as long as the use the 1+area code for every outbound call?

What if they do have extensions that start with 1, is there a way now to easily get around this, maybe putting the partitions that house the local extensions below the partitions that control outgoing dialing which I would think would cause a delay of whatever your T302 timer is set for so that may not be a viable option either.

They are running version 9 but will be upgrading to 11 soon.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mark,

Are you looking to strip the leading digit in while making 911 call? our would you like to block some user with extn leading 1XX.

Br,

Nadeem ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The order of the partitions is ONLY used when equally good matches exist in two, or more partitions.

If that's not the case, it's always best match, simply changing the order of the partitions to have the internal one over the pstn one, would do nothing, if there's a 111 DN and a 1xx pattern, you'll still have overlapping and IDT delay

The reason to have a particular digit that won't be used in anything else, is to prevent that, by making the outbound patterns 9 + something, and that 9 should not be used anywhere else.

What they're asking, can be done, it would be just a matter of how much they're willing to change their dial plan to adjust to that, or to have IDT delays on their calls.

It would be the same, no matter what version, the call processing engine does not change.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate