cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a CUCM 7.1 recovery Disc

support.jam1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I urgently need some help here. I inherited a non-supported site and now the CUCM publisher fails(I don't have a backup of this system). I don't have a recovery disc so am basically dooms. The handsets are still up because the subscriber is still working. So question number one is: How long can the subscriber continue without the publisher? Question 2: can anyone direct me to where I can get a recovery disc for cucm 7.1. If I get a recovery disc then at least I could get a little time to sort out an upgrade and be able to make changes to the current handsets. I cannot make any changes because I cannot get into the publisher.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no time limit for just running on a SUB.

You need to get in touch with your SE/AM and see if they can provide the recovery disk as it's no longer available online as it's EOS/EOL.

Bear in mind that there is no guarantee the recovery disk will be able to fix the PUB, it's a best effort attempt, but it can fail to repair it and there is no other way besides a DRS restore.

I'd start looking into building a new system with a current version and how to get some info out to migrate it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: