cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a CUCM 7.1 recovery Disc

support.jam1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, I urgently need some help here. I inherited a non-supported site and now the CUCM publisher fails(I don't have a backup of this system). I don't have a recovery disc so am basically dooms. The handsets are still up because the subscriber is still working. So question number one is: How long can the subscriber continue without the publisher? Question 2: can anyone direct me to where I can get a recovery disc for cucm 7.1. If I get a recovery disc then at least I could get a little time to sort out an upgrade and be able to make changes to the current handsets. I cannot make any changes because I cannot get into the publisher.

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no time limit for just running on a SUB.

You need to get in touch with your SE/AM and see if they can provide the recovery disk as it's no longer available online as it's EOS/EOL.

Bear in mind that there is no guarantee the recovery disk will be able to fix the PUB, it's a best effort attempt, but it can fail to repair it and there is no other way besides a DRS restore.

I'd start looking into building a new system with a current version and how to get some info out to migrate it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate