cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help - call forwarding, out of office, rings for auto attendant

jason
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few things I need some help with.

We currently have a business line set up that rings to 5 or so extensions. It has its own voicemail set up. There are some things I would like to change with this hunt group/line

- I would like to be able to edit the number of rings until voicemail picks up

- I would like to be able to forward that line to another number for after hours if possible

- I would like to set up an alt voicemail for after hours or vacation days.

I realize that this is a lot to go over on the forums so if there is anyone willing to help through email or over the phone, I can pay them for their time. We had a tech that was doing all the work, but he wasn't the best to work with.

If you are insterested, please let me know and let me know how I can get in contact with you.

Thanks,

Jason

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jason,

If it's your actual Hunt Pilot that is forwarding the call to voicemail, then the parameter to extend the amount of rings is Maximum Hunt Timer under Call Routing > Rount/Hunt > Hunt Pilot.  If it is one of the members of your hunt list that is forwarding to voicemail, then you will want to adjust their call forward no answer timer under the actual endpoint.

In regards to your after hours request, you can use time-based routing to meet the first requirement, and set up time schedules and apply them to partitions that get applied to multiple hunt pilots with the same DN.  Each hunt-pilot would then route to members based on your requirements and the time of the day.  Check the following link for more info:

Time-of-Day Routing

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/dialplan.html#wp1044721

If you have Unity Connection, you may want to consider setting up Call Handlers instead as it is easier to manage and the schedules/time based routing is a bit easier IMO.

HTH,

Chris

Please rate post if useful.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 1st thing you need to provide to get help is not only what you want to do, but what you already have in place to do this.

In this case you need to mention if this is CUCM, CME, CUE, CUC, Unity, etc and versions so that someone can suggest what to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I really do not know what's in place to be honest. I am just picking up things as I go along and I really know nothing about how to set up CISCO phones/systems.

Here is what I do know (now using Cisco Configuration Assitant to see this info... was using IE and just logging in using the device IP - tech support link)

- Running off of UC520

- We are 1 of 2 "call blast groups"

pilot #512

timeout 28 (sec) - assuming I change this to change the amount of rings before the voicemail picks up

no answer forward to = voicemail

number 299

Under "incoming dial plan" I am able to see our DID Range and Internal Number Range.

I see under call handling, there is a "schedules" option as well as "night service". However, I don't know whether it will affect the other call blast group if I do set this up.

Don't know if any of this info I provided is valid, but I guess it's a start.

You can disregard my previous post as that was under the assumption you were running CUCM, not a UC520.