Helpful
Replies

need your help for CIsco callmanager express

kingelka23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

l have two sites connected via leased line

On main site (site A ) l have a 2800 series router with callmanager express , one Cisco 2960 switch and few cisco ip iphone (SPA 525 G2). What l want now is to deploy 2 ip iphone on the second site (site B)

On this second site I have a 1841 routeur, one cisco switch 2960 and two ip phones . I dont have à callmanager on this site. I need to allow call between two sites sites.

is it possible to use only site A callmanager express for managing call for two sites? My network is a small one , and finally we will have a maximum of 20 phones on all sites.

I need your feedbacks, your experience and will appreciate all ideas.

I m beginer with Cisco VOIP and that is my first project on this tools.

Thanks !!!

please see below a simple diagram of my network callmanager_tests.png

10 Replies 10

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

yes you can do that. you just need to configure option 150 for phones at SB to be the ip address of CME (2811) router.

also you need to make sure that the network and routing are configured properly.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Hi Anas !

Thanks for your reply ..... it will help me

A have a quesion : with this methode no need to do a NAT or doing VPN configuration ?

Site A and B are connected via Leased Line and the network is OK and Lan are still connected.

Thanks

Hi,

if you have leased lines you don't need NAT. may be you need vpn to secure your traffic. most of the customers encrypt their traffic over WAN

HTH

Anas

Anas , thanks you again for your reply

l have another question : the default-router option that i have to configure on my 2811 routeur ( site A routeur with CUCME ) would be the site B router ip adress ?  

Hi,

for default router it is the default gateway for your vlan on each site.

the option 150 is the CME ip address of Site A. it will be the same for all sites.

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

hi anas abu,
if cisco spa 525g2 support with call manager express,how about cisco spa 303?spa 303 ​​is also supported by call manager express or not?thanks

Hi Shendi.

they are supported, you need to configure them as SIP phones. using voice register gloabl not telephony-service

HTH

Anas

hi anas,thanks for your reply

i have some question again,what is different about configure with register global and telephony-service?

Register global for registering sip devices. telephony-service is for sccp

they will differ in conf method as for adding phones,,

ephone and ephone-dn with telephony-service

voice register pool and voice register dn with voice register global

You can check CME admin guide for more info about voice register global configuration

Regards

Haitham

Hi Shendi,

voice register global for SIP phones, and telephony service for skinny phones (SCCP). some phones just configured as SIP like the SPA phones and 9971. other phones like 7941 can be configured in both protocols, SCCP and SIP

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts