Views
Helpful
Replies

Newly installed Cisco 8811 Phone - Voicemail button not working with CUCM 10.5

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hi all,

I just bought a few Cisco 8811 phones, these are my first 8811 phones in my environment. I've got them connected and registered to CUCM 10.5 and all seems to be working except the voicemail button, nothing happened when I press the button.

Is there anything special I need to configure in CUCM to enable the VM button ?

Thanks all in advance !!

Danny

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do they already have a VM profile associated to them??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I do not have a VM profile for any of my 7942's and 7962's. I am using the "system default" profile and the 7942's and 7962's are working fine.

Do I need a VM profile for the 8811 phones ?

Thanks Jaime !!

Danny

Assuming you have a default profile, it should not be necessary, you can still try to assign it to your endpoint.

Can you dial your VM pilot and reach VM??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes I can dial the VM pilot extension and access VM just fine. It's just that the VM button is not doing anything when I press it.

Why would it not work with the "system default" profile ?

Thanks !!

Danny

You might want to look into a firmware upgrade, the older firmware versions for the 88xx series phones are quite buggy. Mind posting the current firmware they are running here for reference? 

Hello Tristan, thanks for your response !!

It looks like it doesn't like the VM profile sets to "none". It worked if I assign it a VM profile. Below is the firmware I am running on the 8811.

sip88xx.10-2-2-16

Thanks !!

Danny

Hello,

Thanks for posting your findings; always helps to have odd quirks like this in the ol' Cisco playbook.