Helpful
Replies

Night 2 solution.

keithtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

First time posting!

Be gentle!

Here is the problem.  I am replacing a keysystem with a 2911 gateway with srst to the corp office.  The old legacy system had a button to put the system in night 2.  (During the day the receptionist would answer all the calls and transfer them out.  When she would leave for the day she would put it in Night 2 and the phone would then ring on all phones in the office.  If someone was working late they could pick up the call.  If they didn't it would go to voicemail after so many rings.)

I am trying to come up with a solution that would closely resemble what they had.

Right now i have a hunt pilot setup that rings a hunt list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Keith

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Keith,

If you had a spare key @ line button 2, you could go with this good suggestion from Paolo (+5 "P")

But since that button is already used, I think your original plan would also work well here as Paolo's

plan would require a "shared" DN between all the phones

Let's say the new Hunt Pilot DN is 5500 and the reception phone is 5222.

Add the user DN's (either Line 1 or 2) to the Line Group associated with 5500. Configure them

to use the Broadcast Algorithm. When the Admin leaves for the day have them Call Forward 5222 to

5500 and when a new call arrives all Line group member phones should ring and the call can be answered

from any member phone.

Under the Hunt Pilot page configure the Forward no Answer to Voicemail to cover off unanswered calls. In

the Voicemail system (Unity or Unity Connection) add 5500 as an Alternate Extension under 5222 if you

want that VM Greeting played or any other DN if that's where you want the VM to land.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hi Keith,

Yes, that last bit of info is the "kicker" here

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) ***Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

So....you can go with your new "shared" line @ 3790 plan or you could use the "try next member and then try next group in the Hunt list" setting (Line group) after adding the 3791 Line Group to the 3790 Hunt List setting. The problem with the second option would be that calls

might route to user phones during the day if you weren't careful.

If you really want to control this, I would put 3790 as the prime key/button on the Receptionist's phone.

Re-build the 3790 Hunt Pilot/list under a new number (let's say 3780) and have her Forward the 3790

to 3780 during the day and 3791 at night. You could also get into Time of day

routing but I'm not sure that's the path you want.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can from example assign a certain DN to all phone that can answer the call, then operaor CFA his line to that.

The recpetionist has a 7975 phone.  All other users have a 7942 with the second button utilized already.  If understand you correctly I could assing the second button to be the night ring position giving it a DN number.  Then label it Night Ring.  Then do i CFAll calls from the receptionist phone to the night ring DN?

Replacing NEC IPK phone system.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Keith,

If you had a spare key @ line button 2, you could go with this good suggestion from Paolo (+5 "P")

But since that button is already used, I think your original plan would also work well here as Paolo's

plan would require a "shared" DN between all the phones

Let's say the new Hunt Pilot DN is 5500 and the reception phone is 5222.

Add the user DN's (either Line 1 or 2) to the Line Group associated with 5500. Configure them

to use the Broadcast Algorithm. When the Admin leaves for the day have them Call Forward 5222 to

5500 and when a new call arrives all Line group member phones should ring and the call can be answered

from any member phone.

Under the Hunt Pilot page configure the Forward no Answer to Voicemail to cover off unanswered calls. In

the Voicemail system (Unity or Unity Connection) add 5500 as an Alternate Extension under 5222 if you

want that VM Greeting played or any other DN if that's where you want the VM to land.

Cheers!

Rob

My suggestion comes from CME where you can overlay multiple DNs on a button.

Maybe one day CM marketing will suddedly wake up and have that coded. Hopefully that will be the same day they will code CFA for 2nd line, built-in paging etc... etc..

thanks for the direction. I am going to give this a try and i will let you know.

ok guys here is an update.

I built the new hunt pilot which is 3791.  If i call 3791 from my phone it does ring all the phones in the group.  That all works great!.

The receptionist's phone is 3720.  I had the her callforward all to 3791 and i call the main number none of the phones ring in the 3791 hunt group.

During normal hours the main line rings hunt pilot 3790.  There are 3 phones in the hunt group to receive calls.  I failed to mention that.  I suspect that it is going to make a difference.  Does one over ride the other?

If I put the system in night by having the receptionist call forward all to 3791 just the original 3 phones ring.

If the hunt pilot over rules the callforwarding I suspect I am back to a line key appearance on the 3 phones during the day and then the call forwarding would work.

Does that sound correct?

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

Yes, that last bit of info is the "kicker" here

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) ***Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

So....you can go with your new "shared" line @ 3790 plan or you could use the "try next member and then try next group in the Hunt list" setting (Line group) after adding the 3791 Line Group to the 3790 Hunt List setting. The problem with the second option would be that calls

might route to user phones during the day if you weren't careful.

If you really want to control this, I would put 3790 as the prime key/button on the Receptionist's phone.

Re-build the 3790 Hunt Pilot/list under a new number (let's say 3780) and have her Forward the 3790

to 3780 during the day and 3791 at night. You could also get into Time of day

routing but I'm not sure that's the path you want.

Cheers!

Rob

keithtuttle
Level 1
Level 1

I second your comment Paolo!!!

From a customer's perspective when you remove a legacy system and replace it with the latest and greatest UC system they don't understand why they loss operation of much needed features.