cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no service contract and can I rehost license from be6000m to another?

fly
Level 2
Level 2

we have two be6000m5, pub,sub,cup version 11.5

out of service contract,

I have two question, if one be6000m hardware died,

1 can I backup esxi and cucm on old be6000m and restore on new be6000m, because maybe new BE6000M has newer version of esxi and cucm

2 can I rehost collabaration application license to a new be6000m? 

Thank you

Tom

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

1) there is nothing to Backup from ESXi. Just configure the new ESXi.
For CUCM: The target destination for the restore must be the same as the backup version. This is all mentioned in the DRS guide.

2) Normally yes. But since you don't have any active service contracts, you won't get any help from TAC, to rehost the lics.
Which brings up the question, why you didn't upgrade your CUCM to 12.5 or later and didn't extend the service contract? If something breaks, it's your own fault / responsibility and you don't get any help from Cisco.

we check new customer's environment , found one of this problem, so, I want to find a way to solve problem. we don't have esxi cucm software, becausw the version is too old.   anbother question : can i rehost be6000m vmware esxi  Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor Plus Cisco UC Virtualization Foundation or Cisco Collaboration Virtualization Standard  embbed license to another  new BE6000M? this is vmware esxi layer license.

thank you

Tom

thankyou

Here are a few things regarding your issue:

If your hardware has failed and you have a subscriber application running on those servers, you can install new subscribers on the second server or acquire new hardware and install it there.

If the failed server was running the publisher servers, you can still construct the publisher node from the subscriber node. I’ve attached a link for that process.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/221069-rebuild-cucm-publisher-from-subscriber.html

If  you have a backup of CUCM, you can build a new server and restore the backup for the particular node. In this way, you can bypass the previously mentioned option, as the backup restore is the best method of restoration.

Regarding the license rehost, you don’t need a contract with Cisco to rehost the licenses. Reach out to GLO/Cisco Licensing TAC, open a case, provide them with the old PAK or SO number for the order, and they can assist you in providing the new License file.

https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case

In terms of your setup, I agree with other peer members, you should upgrade to the latest versions ASAP.

Response Signature