Views
Helpful
Replies

no valid upgrade options were found

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have CCM 7.1.5 and i am tring to upgrade 7921G device pack but it is giving me " no valid upgrade options were found " and i am using FreeSFTP

do you what is the problem that i faced and how to solve it ????

Note : please see the attached file to see the error

thanks and regards

15 Replies 15

Yazen Alaa
Level 1
Level 1

Any reply

If You had an error "no valid upgrade options were found" or any other error, make sure that You are:
-> Using a Supported IE version.
-> That the Server IP Address is added to the Trusted Sites List.
-> That the settings are correct, something similar to :
    Source             : DVD/CD (if you are mounting a CD to the VM)
                -- or --  Remote Filesystem if You are using FTP or SFTP
    Directory          : \
    Server          : FTP/SFTP IP Address only (by default, FTP port is 21 and SFTP port is 22)
    User Name          : FTP/SFTP Username
    User Password          : FTP/SFTP Password
    Transfer Protocol    : SFTP -or- FTP (if You are using Remote File system)
    SMTP Server          : None (in version 9.x/10.x)
    Email Destination     : None (in version 9.x/10.x)
-> Make sure that the Installation files exists in the correct folders, some programs like "FreeFTPd" creates another folder with the name of the FTP/SFTP Username You specified and makes it the root folder.

Hope this helps, Thank You :-)

This one is tricky!

Whatever path you put on the SFTP server, it will appear on the CUCM as /.

But CUCM will create a subfolder "cisco", and you have to put the file under that.

Note that you do not have to indicate the automatically created folder cisco on the SFTP server path.

CCIE (R&S) #27666 CCSI HP MASE

No, that's wrong, during the upgrade process, CUCM only READS the content of the TFTP, it will not create any subfolder.

If you're using freeFTPD and created a user named cisco, the program itself is the one that created the folder under the root location, but it's not CUCM doing that.

You can simply map the specific user to a directory and use it as root, and it will do so.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

your are the one brother,your advice solve my problem

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to create a folder for your user under sftproot folder. And in the user folder you need to put your file.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Check the properties of your user "test", if Home directory is linked to the folder where you've put the Cisco file.

JC

+5 for the above two posts.  As they said the user's home directory not the SFTP home directory will be used for looking for the file.  Additionally try using "/" without the quotes for the path rather than ".".

kozooh147
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced exactly the same problem while upgrading from CUCM 10.5.1 to 10.5.2 version. A solution for me was to put upgrade files into a new directory (let's say upgradeDirectory) which residues in an FTP user path and then in the CUCM upgrade's Directory field put "/upgradeDirectory" value.

Cheers,

Jarek

Dhyeem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi , 

I was having the same issue , till i look at Muhammad Abdul post and create a log for SFTP to see where is the Call Manager Looking at , below you will see the attached photo will make you understand

Regards ,

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Yazen,

Just to add what everyone has said, almost always I use an FTP/SFTP client (coreFTP is my favorite) to test the configuration before I try with Cisco, it makes it much easier to correct any issues with the SFTP Servers.

Further more, I almost always use the CoreFTP Server which is licensed version however if you try it a few times, I am sure you will like the product so much that you will not mind to get the lic as well.

Eval is always free for I guess 60 days.

HTH

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Yazen,

Use this software attached (SolarWinds SFTP). I have problem with FreeSFTP in large files.

So, remmenber that you need create a account in SFTP Server and setup a password <cisco>.

PS: In some system operation like windows 2008, 2012 you will need start the application in services. Control Painel>Administrative Tools>Services (find the services SolarWinds and turn on)

One more information here, in cucm you will map the directory as <./ > just point and bar.

Best regards,
Daniel Sobrinho

Daniel Sobrinho

s.lachica you are a master...!!!
Ruben Guardado

CUCM will create a sub folder named as "cisco" under TFTP path you mentioned , and you have to put the file under that.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: