cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nov 4 DST

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

If CCM is using 6509 switch as external NTP source and 6509 has the following command for the DST:

clock timezone EST -5

clock summer-time EDT recurring 2 Sun March 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00.

and the CCM didn't apply patch in spring,

I think CCM should get clock automatically adjusted based on the NTP from 6509, right?

5 Replies 5

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

I believe that NTP requires that each device handles their own offset. Here is a link for reference...

http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/DaylightSavingTime

--Joe

waynetall
Level 1
Level 1

NTP provide the Greenwich time for device, all ntp client need offset setting by it's own.

In you case, the 6509 will get DST time change by itself because of the clock summer-time command. It's not because of it's a NTP SERVER.

After all, NTP Servers/Clients has nothing to do with the DST change.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

Just to confirm my understanding. So if I understand properly, even on Nov 4 2:00 am, 6509 falls back to standard DST time. CCM still receive the greenwich time from 6509 and have to offset it to standard DST by its own. It will never receive the 6509's local time as a clock. So that means in any case I need DST mechnism on local device. Right?

Thanks

Hi, you are right. You need DST change anyway.

Depends on your system config, you probably need change the time on Oct 28 as well.

Regards,

Wayne

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi CF,

This doc lists the various Patches and or Manual workarounds for the different CCM Versions and releases;

Field Notice: FN - 62669 - U.S. Daylight Saving Time Policy Changes for Cisco CallManager/Communications Manager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: