Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One-way call issue

Hi,

I am facing an issue that one on one of the Ip phones the user is not able to hear the other party, but the other party is able to hear this user.

all other phones are behaving normally, only the issue is with this phone, I have even re-registered this phone with the CUCM, but this the issue persists.

If anyone can provide some help for this then it will be of great favor.

5 Replies 5

call flow is as follow:

Ip-phone---CUCM---CME---Iphone

All the Iphones as per the above flow are working normally, only one user is not able to hear anything from the called number, but the called number is able to hear.

no firewall in between and also this is all on private network

Is this phone on the same subnet as the other working phones?

Thanks all for your valuable suggestions the issue has been resolved, it was not receiving RTP packets once the call gets connected, and i found it to be a network routing issue, this phone was getting the incorrect IP, someone plugged the port in wrong switch-port....different VLAN....correcting it resolved the issue.

Regards,
Zaheer Jahangir 

Hi Zaheer,

Thank you for updating us! Yes, it seemed a network issue. In future you can use the command " Show voip RTP connections" to troubleshoot these kind of issues. The output of this command gives the media address of both the calling party as well as the address of the interface which is streaming the media on the gateway.

HTH

Aseem

Hi Zaheer,

1. Can you swap a working phone with the non working phone to rule out the possibility of a port issue?

2. When the call gets connected to the IP phone on the CME, can you run the command show voip RTP connections to make sure the source and destination IP addresses are correct?

3. Are there other phones with same model working fine?

Aseem