Views
Helpful
Replies

Oracle SBC CUCM remote worker set up

rachelau_2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to ask if any one has experience in setting up for remote worker using Cisco IP phone ( without VPN) to connect back to CUCM 11.0  via Oracle SBC

I do find an article that can give me some idea, but I am a bit confused how the IP phone has set up to get the comfig file from the CUCM?  

in my scenario, we do not have jabber clients... I only want to connect an IP phone remotely to CUCM 11.0 via oracle SBC ..( not jabber clients)...

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/acmepacket/Additional%20Technical%20Solution%20Documentation/Oracle%20ESBC%20CUCM%20Remote%20worker.pdf

any idea how to set it up?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi, the Oracle SBC acts as a B2BUA for SIP signalling only. The phone must loaded the configuration directly to CUCM or locally using TFTP server.

Regards.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Cisco SBC does support phone proxy but currently that is not the recommended solution since we are pushing for Collaboration edge/Expressway as the preferred solution. Not sure about Oracle SBC. That would a question for the Oracle support forums, maybe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: