Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound and Inbound Dial peers

fgasimzade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello everyone!

How can I match an outbound call to a dial peer. For example I need internal number 1000 to go through dial-peer 1 and internal number 1001 to go out through dial peer 2?

And another question regarding inbound calls

How can I make an inbound call to 4040404 to go to internal number 1001 and another call to 4040405 to go to internal number 1002? Should I use translation rules or there is any another command under dial peer to match an inbound call to an internal number?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SInce this is CCME, you will need to use voice xlation rules to modify the called number and apply it to the ephone-dns..

1. To select dial-peer 1 to use for outbound calls on dn 1001 and dp2 for 1002, you should modify the called number on both dn as follows

if called number= 5000

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^5000/ /775000/

voice translation-profile ext1001

translate called 1

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^5000/ /885000/

voice translation-profile ext1002

translate called 2

Then create dial-peers to macth the xlated numbers

eg. dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 77T

port x/y/z:15

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 88T

port a/b/c:15

finally apply the xlation rule to either the phones or the dn

ephone-dn 1

number 1001

translation profilce incoming ext1001

ephone-dn 2

number 1002

translation profile incoming ext1002

This way the dial-peer used will depend on the extension that is calling

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

You can use answer adress command under the dial-peer to match the call to that dial-peer

Yes you should use voice translation rules for map 4040404 to whatever number you want to

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is it true for POTS dial peers as well? I forgot to mention that it is a CME setup with E1, so should I use voip dial peers or pots dial peers for inbound and outbound calls?