cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping time periods in Time of Day Routing

jenmox
Level 1
Level 1

Please help! I have a translation pattern configured to route calls for ext 4200 to an external number when a Time Schedule (TS_Closed) is invoked using a PT_Closed.  The Time Schedules includes the following Time Periods:

Closed Time Period:

TP_Evening 17:00-24:00 Mon - Fri

TP_Morning 00:00-08:45 Mon - Fri

TP_Weekends 00:00-24:00 Sat - Sun

This all works great.

I would like to add an additional Time Period for the office being closed for the Christmas holidays.  I have created a Time Period of

TP_Holidays 00:00-24:00 Year on Dec 25 until Dec 26

and added this to the Time Schedule.  I have tested this by playing around with the dates for today and don't get the results I expect.  The translation pattern doesn't kick in.  I read the following in the Cisco docs:

Note

If multiple time periods get associated to a time schedule and the time periods overlap, time periods with Day of Year settings take precedence over time periods with Day of Week settings.

But this doesn't seem to be happening it is ignoring the dates.

Any suggestion?  Am I interpreting this wrong.

Jen

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jen,

I'm just wondering if the "Range of Days" setting isn't

coming into play here....

Note

If  multiple time periods are associated to a time schedule and the time  periods overlap, time periods with Day of Week settings take precedence  over time periods with Range of Days settings.

Example:

If a Time Period configured for Day of Week (for example, Sunday to  Saturday) is configured as No Office Hours and another time period is  configured for January 1st until December 31th as 08:00 to 17:00, the  time period for Day of Week is used. In this example, No Office Hours  takes precedence

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/b03tisch.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Celebration it's around us, every nations, all around us.
Singin' forever young, singin' songs underneath that sun" - K'naan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: