cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

path cold/line code violations

Amafsha1
Level 2
Level 2

i see this problem happen frequently.  Does anyone recommend any steps to take to attempt to remedy this issue before escelating to ISP?  is there anything I can do to dig deeper or resolve the issue myself?

Router1#sh controllers t1
T1 0/1/0 is up.
Applique type is Channelized T1
Cablelength is long gain36 0db
No alarms detected.
alarm-trigger is not set
Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
AIS State:Clear LOS State:Clear LOF State:Clear
Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.
Data in current interval (273 seconds elapsed):
0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
Total Data (last 24 hours)
0 Line Code Violations, 1273 Path Code Violations,
1 Slip Secs, 164 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
241 Errored Secs, 135 Bursty Err Secs, 30 Severely Err Secs, 160 Unavail Secs
T1 0/1/1 is up.
Applique type is Channelized T1
Cablelength is long gain36 0db
No alarms detected.
alarm-trigger is not set
Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
AIS State:Clear LOS State:Clear LOF State:Clear
Framing is ESF, Line Code is B8ZS, Clock Source is Line.
Data in current interval (272 seconds elapsed):
0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
36 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
36 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
Total Data (last 24 hours)
9200 Line Code Violations, 62 Path Code Violations,
10339 Slip Secs, 18 Fr Loss Secs, 2 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
10359 Errored Secs, 9 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 9392 Unavail Secs

11 Replies 11

Hi,

In your output I also see 10339 Slip Secs and 1359 errored secs.

Being your  line code configuration correct, I would check physical cabling (try to change the cable between gateway and cpe) and would request e cpe check to your TSP.

Please let me know 

HTH

Best Regards 

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you.  Is their anything you recommnd I can do just before I do those things.  Does "no mgcp" "mgcp" work?  any other commands to reset things?

Hi,

You can try to reset the mgcp gateway and please do a clear counters and execute a show controller t1 again after half an hour to check those errors if they increments.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Ok thanks.  We're tshooting a 1-way voice issue and was wondering if that could be part of the cause

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
PCV are a result of a framing mismatch or sync issue. LCV is a physical layer thing. Slips are due to clocking issue. Check all of them and ensure they are correctly configured. Bouncing mgcp stack has nothing to do with this.

Thank you. Is their a debug you recommend using to troubleshoot a 1-way voice issue on T1 line?

One way audio is best troubleshot using a pcap. You need to isolate where the actual issue is. You might need to take pcaps at varies points in the network - phone span, switch, router etc. Start with a "show voip rtp connection" for an active call. Check if the local IP can reach the remote IP listed which should be an IP Phone if there is no media resource being invoked. If there is a CUCM software resource coming into picture, you need to by pass it. You don't want RTP to flow through your CUCM.

RT01#sh voip rtp conn
VoIP RTP Port Usage Information:
Max Ports Available: 19999, Ports Reserved: 101, Ports in Use: 1
Port range not configured
                                        Min   Max   Ports     Ports     Ports
Media-Address Range                     Port  Port  Available Reserved  In-use
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Global Media Pool                       8000  48198 19999     101       1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VoIP RTP active connections :
No. CallId     dstCallId  LocalRTP RmtRTP   LocalIP                                     RemoteIP                                  MPSS  VRF
1     3672       3671       11670    29408    72.1.1.42                              172.38.14.38                             NO    NA
Found 1 active RTP connections

Thank you.  So when I call them, I don't see anything in the voip rtp connections, but when they call us, i can see the following above I pasted.  So the issue is we can hear them, but they can't hear us.  So you recommend I try to see if the local IP can reach the remote IP?  Like a source ping?

Hi,

If you cannot see any rtp connection during an outgoing call, it means that you are not using that gateway.

Please check your cucm configuration and dialplan to se if you are hitting the correct gateway for outgoing calls.

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

So, is the issue with internal or external calls ? Also, who/what are these IP addresses ? They aren't private. I believe you might be traversing some sort of a WAN/MPLS circuit. Remember, you have to troubleshoot and isolate at every point and then move forward.

Sorry, I changed the IPs.  One is public, which is the 72.1.1.x and the other is private...it is actually a 172.28 address.  correct, this is mpls. 

I believe the issue is external and internal.  When I call them, we can hear eachother.  When they call me, I can hear them, but they can't hear me.