Views
Helpful
Replies

Peer Firmware Sharing + Load Server

mastroenif
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Guys,

As per my Title, I would like to know if I can setup, for a remote branch office, the Load Server on all IP Phones pointing on local voice gateway and if in this scenario the Peer Fw sharing work as well.

thank you

Regards

Franco

8 Replies 8

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can. This is independent of peer firmware sharing but you can do both. You need to bear in mind that for peer firmware sharing to work, the devices have to boot at the same time...

Please rate all useful posts

Thank you for your feedback, I will try on lab and let you know.

Best Regards

Franco

And they need to be in the same broadcast domain, PFS will not work across different subnets.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear All,

anyone has already tested the PFS on 8945 SCCP Phones? I really don't understand why all IP Phones go directly to download the FW from TFTP callmanager.

thank you

Regards

Franco

Hi,

Can you try this..

Make sure the device are all connected to the same switch (to test)

Power down the switch, then power it up..The device all come up same time then check if peer firmware sharing works

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

the 3 Phones are close to me and they are always restarted together, so is not needed to do the test you have suggested.

In all of my test the devices are always restarted at the same time.

Regards

Franco

Hi guys,

I have tried on lab and also on a remote branch of the customer but it seems that the PFS doesn't work.

On lab I have a ccm 10.5 and 3x8945 on the same subnet and with same version of firmware. I have configured the phone load name and load server with bulk and finally, with search device, I have selected the 3 phones and reset all together. On the sceen nothing tell me if the PFS was working so I have checked on phone status and I saw that all phone were downloading the firmware from the gateway.

On remote branch with ccm 9.1, 2x8945 on same subnet and same fw version; here I have tried only the PFS: I have installed the new fw on ccm, on device default I keep the old one, then via bulk I have change the phone load name for 2 phones and finally reset together. Here same behaviour; both phones have downloaded the fw from callmanger.

any idea?

Thanks

Regards

Franco

do you tick the device peer firmware sharing and enter the load server address?