Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Auto Registratiion Issues

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

For some reasons that I ignore the auto registration is not working. It's wokring for the IP Communicators but not for phones. The fact that it works for IP Communicators, I can assume that there is no issues with the config. The show cdp neighbor interfce GigabitEthernet1/0/47 shows the correct Mac address for the new phone attached to the port.

The CM Group contains only Pub and the auto registration checkbox is checked.
In the Pub

Starting directory Number: 32000
Ending directory number: 32999
Theses extensions are all available to be assigned.
The Auto registration checkbox is unchecked.

The Pub is the DHCP server as well as the Primary TFTP Server IPv4 Address(Option 150).

The TFTP and CM services have been restarted  in the Pub.

When I delete an IP Communicator from the CUCM database, it gets registered as expected with an auto registration extension but when I delete a phone device it doesn't.

Do you guys have any idea what am I missing?

Thanks,

MK

17 Replies 17

Suggest that you use something better suited as your DHCP server than your CM. It’s not a enterprise grade DHCP service. Typically you would use a Windows server or other server OS for this. If your organisation is on the larger scale a proper IPAM solution would be advisable.

Response Signature

Have you checked on the physical phone what information it picks up for DHCP server and primary and secondary TFTP?

Response Signature

Roger,

You are absolutely right regarding the use of a Windows server for the DHCP purposes but this design has been done long before I arrive to this organization.ry

Regrading the TFTP, as I mentionned before the phone gets the Sub as the primary TFTP and the Pub ans secondary. In the DHCP configuration page, the Pub is the primary TFTP and Sub is the secondary.

Thanks,

MK