cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone cannot be registered

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

HI , After the phone 9951 is connected with switch, it shows "Phone Not Registered". I checked connection several times and they are ok. The switch can see the phone through show cdp neighbor. I configured cucm based on normal process. Anyone can give some suggestion? If more info is needed, please let me know. Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the phone getting Network Configuration such as IP Address, SM, DG etc. Have you enabled Auto Registration on CUCM

Did you try registering the phone manually. What happen if you try connecting some other phone to this port or connect this phone to some other port on the Switch

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

You need to check your switch vlan configuration. Does the phone get a vlan? If it does, you need to set up routing between the the phone subnet and cucm subnet. This looks like it's ip routing related

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is the status messages on the phone showing. Go to settings and scroll to status. Please let us know what's there

Thank you for reply. The phone screen show "Phone Not Registered"

Go to settings and scroll to status. Please let us know what's there

Good point. One message shows "DHCP Timeout", I configured DHCP before plugging the phone. Now I check the DHCP confiig, it looks good. How to check it function etc? 

Is the phone getting Network Configuration such as IP Address, SM, DG etc. Have you enabled Auto Registration on CUCM

One phone is configured registration manually and another is automatically. but both phone cannot be registered 

Can you press the Services Button >> Network Configuration >> IPv4 Configuration and check if the phone is getting IP Address, SM, DG. In case, if it is not then try disabling the DHCP and provide these details manually.

Also, go to Security Configuration and delete any ITL/CTL file if present followed by reset of phone.

Regards

Deepak

It does not have IP Address, SM, DG. After I setup it manually on the phone. but it still cannot work. Under Security Configuration, there are not ITL/CTL file installed there.

You need to check your switch vlan configuration. Does the phone get a vlan? If it does, you need to set up routing between the the phone subnet and cucm subnet. This looks like it's ip routing related

lost ip helper

Hi.

+5 to Deepak and Deji.

On the switch port where ip phone is attached to , verify there is a configuration similar to what follows:

switchport access vlan xxx ( your data vlan)

switchport voice vlan xxxx(your voice vlan wher dhcp with 150 tftp option has been configured)

spanning-tree portfast

Let us know 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

The config have been there for long time:

SW1#sh run | b 0/9
interface FastEthernet0/9
switchport access vlan 202
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 102
spanning-tree portfast
!

HQ#sh run | b 0/0
interface FastEthernet0/0
no ip address
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.100
encapsulation dot1Q 100
ip address 142.100.64.254 255.255.255.0
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.102
encapsulation dot1Q 102
ip address 142.102.64.254 255.255.255.0
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.202
encapsulation dot1Q 202
ip address 142.202.64.254 255.255.255.0
!

I think it might be dhcp config issue. You mentioned tftp above. I did not do that. I do not know how to configure tftp in CUCM. When i plug a PC into that port, and the PC cannot get ip address from the dhcp server.

Hi,

For data VLAN (202) you need to check which DHCP server on your LAN is responsible for providing IP address to clients.

For VOICE VLAN, has a DHCP server already been configured?

What about other IP phones? Are they able to get an ip address?

If yes, check on one of registered IP phones which  is the dhcp server (through network settings option)

once you have located the DHCP Server, login on it and verify if it's working correctly and if the DHCP scope is not full.

To configure dhcp server on CUCM, here you can find a useful link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_01010.html

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try registering the phone manually. What happen if you try connecting some other phone to this port or connect this phone to some other port on the Switch

Regards

Deepak