cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone firmware version during CUCM upgrade

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

I am running CUCM 8.6.2 with devicepack 8.6.2.23071 applied. All of my phones (79XX) are currently at version 9-3-1SR1. I am getting ready to upgrade CUCM to version 9.1.1. Version 9-3-1SR1 is not available in 9.1.1 until I apply devicepack 9.1.1.21010.

My question is how can I keep my phones from upgrading/downgrading during the CUCM upgrade. If I bat the 9-3-1SR1 load to all phones will they hold their current firmware until I get the devicepack installed and tftp restarted?

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brad,

You will need to disable the TFTP service first before upgrading and this will prevent the phones from getting the new load. It will remain disabled after you switch the versions. Once the new version is up, install the device pack, and go to the device load page to change the device load back to 9.1.3. Then start the TFTP service.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi Brad,

In addition to what Tere has said,I was referring the Device Pack Compatibility Guide which says Devicepack is only applied for 69XX and 792X for call manager 9.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/devpack_comp_mtx.html

I was refering the release notes of 9.3(1)SR1 which says

Firmware Release 9.3(1)SR1 is designed and tested to interoperate with Cisco call control, most notably Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 9.0(1).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7900_series/firmware/9_3_1SR1/release_notes/P790_BK_R4E1E768_00_rn-9_3_1_sr1-7900-series_chapter_00.html#CUIP_TK_IAB2C564_00

regds,

aman

Thank you for the info. I am running 8.6.2a(SU1) which does not have the 9-3-1SR1 firmware. I thought this was the version for 79XX that got past the published ssh vulnerability.