Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone page and Line page

SAIFUDEEN C .K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

If we make any changes in Line page,its getting updated instantaneously and no need to reset.

If we make any changes in phone page,we need to reset the phone.

Were is the location the change is getting updated in both the scenarios.

Thanks alot in advance.

Regards,

Saifudeen

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All changes are propagated to the CUCM Publisher Informix database and then replicated down to all subscribers' database.

Thanks every one for your time.

So my question is how its getting updated immediately  for he line page(directory) but its not happening for phone page.

Regards,

Saifudeen

As Jaime pointed out some settings need to be pushed the phone, hence phone needs to reset and others are just in CUCM database which happens immediately. There is no documentation listing which setting takes effect immediately, so I have always simply reset after every change. Also, DN reset does not reboot the phone, so that is very quick.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually whenever something asks you to reset the phone, is because an .xml.cnf file has been modified, and the devices only download them during the boot up process.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

The changes are written to the local informix DB of the node where the endpoint is registered (can be publisher or subscriber).

Depending on your CUCM version and the type of the change, for UCM 6+, a change notification will be sent for all nodes in the cluster (for user facing feature changes) or to publisher only for other features.

Go through this document. It is the best I read about CUCM DB Replication

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/52421/troubleshooting-cucm-database-replication-linux-appliance-model