Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones register to SRST but DNs do not get Extensions

Devavrat Oka
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following deployment:

CUCMBE 8.5, CCM-Manager 7.1, 2921 voice gateway (IOS c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.150-1.M4.bin), Phone load SCCP45.8-5-4S

All phones register to CUCMBE just fine but when I test my SRST gateway, the phones do register but the extensions do not associate with a DN. Its a pretty common problem but I made sure all the versions and loads and IOS are compatible for this feature. I have no clue why my phones do not get a DN when they fallback to SRST. Here're the necessary configs:

!

<<output omitted>>

!

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager mgcp

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.97.22.252

ccm-manager config

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.97.22.252 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify

mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse

mgcp package-capability rtp-package

mgcp package-capability sst-package

mgcp package-capability pre-package

no mgcp package-capability res-package

no mgcp package-capability fxr-package

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp fax t38 inhibit

mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static

mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0

!

mgcp profile default

!

<<output omitted>>
!

gatekeeper

shutdown

!

call-manager-fallback

secondary-dialtone 8

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

ip source-address 10.97.22.254 port 2000

max-ephones 100

max-dn 150

system message primary CallManager Unavailable

dialplan-pattern 1 8[2-9]......... extension-length 10

keepalive 10

time-zone 5

!

Does anyone know what could be a workaround for this? I am considering going ahead with the 15.0(1)XA IOS for my 2921 voice gateway. I will post an update on what I observe after the IOS upgrade.

Thanks for taking some time out and looking at this. Appreciate all the help and assistance.

5 Replies 5

Jason Polce
Level 4
Level 4

I have run into this issue before and it has to do with the phone loads and SRST version. It was a conflict with the button template. I was running 7.1 on the router and needed to use 8.4.1 to get it going correctly. I think for CME 8.5 the recommended phone load is 9.1.

- Jason

Downgrading the Phone-Load to SCCP45.8-3-3SR2S worked for me. I always knew it was a Phone-Load issue after looking at similar discussions on the Internet. I tried 8.5.4. and 8.4 and 9.1 and 9.0, it was just a matter of finding the right load. Thanks Jason!

I agree with others here, it's typically a phone load or IOS compatibility.

Chris

Geez now my phone-load is legacy and won't sow the correct time. Instead of using the local NTP time from the voice gateway, it shows the UTC time.

Ok it was an issue with the legacy phone-load. Phone-Loads 9.0(2) and prior require you to select a compatible time zone (marked with 2 '+' signs one on top of other) on the Call Manager NTP reference list.