cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG Question

m.gravel
Level 1
Level 1

I am reading up on the PIMG's for an upcoming installation.  On page 2-4 of the Integration guide it states the following two points which seem to contradict each other.

Does it send all calls to the Sub then Pub (As we would normally configure for CUCM) or does it balance the voice messaging traffic between the Connection servers?

Which one is it?

PIMG.png

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Yes, that is very misleading

The PIMG relationship with Unity Connection will be set up

as Fault Tolerant not Load-Balanced. At least for our Nortel

integration it is.

Table 9-17     First VoIP Host Group Settings 

Field
Settings

Name

Accept the default or enter another descriptive name of the VoIP host group.

Load-Balanced

(Cisco Unity Connection without a cluster) Select False.

(Cisco Unity Connection with a cluster configured) Select False.

Fault-Tolerant

(Cisco Unity Connection without a cluster) Select False.

(Cisco Unity Connection with a cluster configured) Select True.

Step 29 For  Cisco Unity Connection without a cluster, under Host List, enter the  host name or IP address of the Cisco Unity Connection server and the  server port in the format :5060.

For Cisco Unity Connection with a cluster configured, under Host List,  enter the host name or IP address of the subscriber Cisco Unity  Connection server (the second Cisco Unity Connection server that you  installed) and the server port in the format :5060.

Step 30 For Cisco Unity Connection without a cluster, continue to Step 32. For Cisco Unity Connection with a cluster configured, select Add Host.

Step 31 In  the second field, enter the host name or IP address of the publisher  Cisco Unity Connection server (the first Cisco Unity Connection server  that you installed) and the server port in the format :5060.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/pimg/cucintpimg100.html#wp1167293

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

Thanks Rob.  Maybe Cisco can update their documenation to make it less confusing

I am also finding that the latest Unity Connection to PIMG integration guide (for CUC 9.x) does not align with the screens on my PIMG (potentially after upgrading to the latest version as per the guide).  Certain values just dont exist and the only codecs I appear to have are G.723 and G.729AB.  I cannot find G.711.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

For the codec config did you check;

Config> VOIP> Network Group> Audio

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash