Views
Helpful
Replies

Pots Line configutation question for MGCP gateway

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all,

I'll be setting up a new installation where outbound and inbound calls will be going threw 12 diffrent POTS lines for PSTN calls. The service is in a rural area where a PRI is not available.

Most of my exprecie is with PRI's. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this will look on the terminating gateway and in Call Manager such as the dial-peers and voice ports.

I'll be using CUCMBE with MGCP and all POTS lines will be terminating in a 2900 series router FXO cards.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have setup MGCP PRI's before, then basically the configuration of the gateway would be the same in CUCM, except you would be telling CUCM that you have FXO cards, as opposed to PRI cards in the router.

For outbound calls, you would just configure a route group, and place all of your MGCP FXO ports in that route group, then put that route group into a route list.

Point your route patterns to the route list that contains the route group with all of the FXO ports.

As far as dial peers are concerned, if you configure your gateway correctly to pull its MGCP config from CUCM, the MGCP dial peers pointing to the FXO ports will be configured for you.

For inbound calls, of course make sure that you set an attendant DN on the FXO ports in CUCM, so that inbound calls to the FXO ports can be routed by CUCM to whatever DN you need them to go to.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If you have setup MGCP PRI's before, then basically the configuration of the gateway would be the same in CUCM, except you would be telling CUCM that you have FXO cards, as opposed to PRI cards in the router.

For outbound calls, you would just configure a route group, and place all of your MGCP FXO ports in that route group, then put that route group into a route list.

Point your route patterns to the route list that contains the route group with all of the FXO ports.

As far as dial peers are concerned, if you configure your gateway correctly to pull its MGCP config from CUCM, the MGCP dial peers pointing to the FXO ports will be configured for you.

For inbound calls, of course make sure that you set an attendant DN on the FXO ports in CUCM, so that inbound calls to the FXO ports can be routed by CUCM to whatever DN you need them to go to.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

From experience MGCP is not the best for FXO ports. I suggest you use h323 gateway. You should also use Trunk groups so you can group multiple fxo ports together rather than configure individual dial-peers.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts