cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

preventing calling party transformation CSS from applying to internal calls

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I am currently using one calling party transformation CSS that includes patterns for several groups of extensions.  For example, 3xx is transformed to 555.344.1235 and 4xx is transformed to 555.344.2323, etc.  I am applying the CSS at the device pool level.  I then have route patterns that are sent to a CUBE SIP trunk and out to the PSTN.  I thought this was working fairly well until I noticed that the CP transform is also being applied to internal calls so internal users are seeing the public 10 digit number instead of DN of the phone.

It seems that I cannot add the CSS at the route pattern or trunk level.  I only have option for external phone number mask at that level. The CSS covers all my different internal DN patterns in a very compact and clean way.  If I have to use external phone number mask it seems like I would have to create multiple route patterns and/or multiple trunks and use CSS and partitions to control which RP and trunks the internal phones use.  Another option would be to use transforms at the CUBE gateway.

Neither of these two options seem very efficient to me.  I think it would be great if I can somehow just block the calling party CSS to apply to internal calls.  Is this possible?  What other options do I have?

Thanks,

Diego 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assign the transformation to partition that would be available via CSS applied to the egress SIP trunk and not phones, you can do that either directly on the trunk or via device pool, but the device pool should be different for the trunk and phones.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Diego,

is there a particular reason why you are not using the external phone number mask to present as CLID on external calls.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

My understanding is that the EPN mask will change the number at the top of the phone display which we don't like.  Also, using EPN will introduce an extra configuration step for new phones.  I like using the device pool so that phones will have the correct CLID just by being created in the correct device pool. 

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assign the transformation to partition that would be available via CSS applied to the egress SIP trunk and not phones, you can do that either directly on the trunk or via device pool, but the device pool should be different for the trunk and phones.

Yeah, wow, the CSS for outgoing is right there in the trunk config.  I don't know how I missed that!

Thank you,